A system message is set up by an administrator to display on the user’s home page. These are typically short messages used for major announcements or encouragement, although AMS has the capacity to include videos, images and other media in a system message. The visibility of a particular system message is determined by the administrator.
How To: Create A New System Message
A system message can be created using the system messages module and set up to display on users’ home pages. These are typically short messages used for major announcements or encouragement, although AMS has the capacity to include videos, images and other media in a system message. The visibility of a particular system message can be specified by applying it to people, roles, groups or a combination of these.
- Select the system messages module
- Select Create New System Message from the Options drop-down at the top of the page
- Name the system message using the Title field
- Compose the system message in the Body field
- Set Auto Open to the most suitable setting
- Click Save
- Enter the people, roles or groups (or a combination) that the system message should be displayed for
- Click Save
How To: Create A New Inbox Message
1. Navigate to your AMS inbox
2. Select the option to create a New Message
3. Click the link displaying the number of users selected to Send Message To
4. Use the search tool or the tick boxes to pick which members of the group you are messaging will become part of this personal group.
5. Select Save selection as a new group?
6. Enter a name for this personal group, remembering that personal groups are only visible to yourself
7. Click the button showing the number of users selected, which will return to you the new message page with your new personal group selected
8. This personal group can now be used when entering data, reporting, messaging or planning in this group environment